The golf course is a Peter Matkovich designed course and is consistently ranked in SA's top 5. Matkovich has made excellent use of the natural contours of the land, especially where the course fronts the Bot River Lagoon, a particularly breathtaking part of the layout. The course is a par 72, with kikuyu fairways and bentgrass greens.
The Estate offers endless activities and features to keep the most restless of us occupied. The magnificent 6-star hotel overlooks the estate and hosts two restaurants: one for fine dining the other more casual, a lounge and 2 bars. The award-winning Altira Spa is world famous and includes hydrotherapy tub and hydrothermal capsule, which are 2 unique features of the Body- and Skincare Centre.
There are 200 homes on the estate, all spacious and luxurious.
Local attractions and landmarks
- Whale watching (July - November)
- Shark diving
- Scuba diving
- Deep sea fishing
- Horse riding on the estate along the lagoon and on the beach
- Quad-bike driving
- Hemel & Aarde Valley wine estates
- Many different types of restaurants from good country cooking with wonderful steaks, fish
- And local produce to exceptional fine dining.
- Kleinmond (8km) and Hermanus (25km) unspoilt blue flag (international rating) beaches
- Drive to Cape Agulhas the tip of Africa
- Visit the penquins in Betty's Bay
- Drive to Genadendal the oldest mission station in South Africa
Arabella is easily accessible from Cape Town's International Airport via the N2 into the heart of the
world heritage Overberg area.
Transport arrangements can be made.